Knowledgebase article 14
How do I connect to a network printer?
If your computer is Windows XP:
· Click on Start > Printers and Faxes. This will open the printers folder and display any networked and local printers you have attached.
· Double-click on Add Printer. Click on Next to begin the Add Printer Wizard.
· Select the first radio button, Find a Printer in the directory, and click Next to browse. When the next window appears, make sure the "In:" box shows the Entire Directory. You can type in your school name in the Location or Name box (i.e., Earhart), or simply click on the Find Now button. A list of network printers will appear. If you did not type in a school name in the location box, then you can sort them by site by click on the Location header. Find and select the printer you wish to add. Click OK.
· Select if you wish to set this as your default printer. Click Next, then Finish.
If your computer is Windows 7:
· Click on Windows Start > Devices and Printers. This will open the printers folder and display any networked and local printers you have attached.
· Double-click on Add Printer.
· Click on Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
· Select the printer you wish to add from the list > Click Next > If prompted, Install the necessary driver > Click Next > Select if you wish the printer to be your default printer > Click Finish.
IF THE PRINTER IS NOT IN THE INITIAL LIST, click on The printer that I want isn't listed.
· Click Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature > Click Next
· You can use the filter options to drill down to your site or printer model (i.e., type LMS in the Name box for a printer at Lincoln, or type Ricoh in the Model box for any Ricoh copier.) Otherwise, click Find Now to get a complete list of network printers in the district.
· Click on the printer you wish to add > Click OK > If prompted, Install the necessary driver > Click Next > Select if you wish the printer to be your default printer > Click Finish.
- Tech Services
- May 22, 2019