Knowledgebase article 7
The computer is on but there is no sound
· Check the volume control on your computer. The sound icon will usually be on the taskbar, and you can also access the sound options in the Control Panel.
· Most media programs (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player*) have a volume control, which will need to be turned up. *Certain DVDs, if played via Media Player, will not emit sound, you need to use different DVD player software.
· Make sure the speakers are turned on, if using external speakers.
· Make sure external speakers are connected to the correct audio port or a USB port. If your computer has color-coded ports, the audio output will usually be green.
· Connect headphones to the correct audio port and determine if sound is audible from the headphones.
- Tech Services
- Oct 21, 2019